What do I do if I believe I've been the victim of illegal discrimination in housing?

Individuals who believe that they have been victims of an illegal housing practice may file a complaint with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or file their own lawsuit in federal or state court. You must file the complaint with HUD within one year of the incident you believe to be housing discrimination. If you choose to file your own lawsuit in federal or state court, the Act requires that you do so within two years of the incident.

Related Topics

Did not find what you were looking for?

Contact Us